If this isn’t the first time, you need a felony DUI attorney in Pierce County
The penalties for DUI are bad enough. The penalties for a second, third or fourth DUI charge become increasingly more severe. At The Woods Law Office, PLLC, it is, of course, our goal to have your case dismissed. By challenging evidence, field sobriety tests, Breathalyzer® results and police actions — even by showing that you may have a certain medical condition or are using a physician-prescribed medication — we can give you a fighting chance.
As a former City of Auburn and Thurston County prosecutor, repeat DUI attorney Doug Woods knows what to expect. He also knows that you are counting on our skills to minimize DUI/DWI penalties and to keep you out of jail.
The third time is not a charm
When clients in Tacoma come to us for legal counsel and representation for a repeat DUI charge, one of the first things they often ask is, “What’s going to happen…and how bad is it?” Washington State DUI penalties for a repeat offense include:
- Between 30 days (minimum mandatory) for a second offense and 90 days (minimum mandatory) for a third offense, with a maximum of 364 days in jail for both second and third offenses
- EHM (electric home monitoring) of 60 to 120 days — and you are responsible for the expense!
- Loss of driving privileges from two years (for a second offense) to three years (for a third offense)
- Fines of up to $5,000
- The need to use an Ignition Interlock device, at your expense, for up to five years
- You may also be required to submit to an alcohol or drug dependency assessment.
- You may be required to complete alcohol or drug dependency treatment.
Note that these are penalties assessed of those whose BAC (blood alcohol content or blood level) was under .15. Penalties for drivers who have been charged with or arrested for a repeat DUI and whose BAC was above .15 are even more severe — making the need for a repeat DUI attorney in Tacoma imperative for your defense.
If you have been charged with a repeat DUI offense, contact Tacoma felony DUI attorney Doug Woods for a free consultation
We are here to help and have a track record of success. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your needs and concerns with our repeat DUI lawyer, please contact us online. We can arrange to meet with you on weekends or evenings, and we offer affordable, flexible payment plans.